Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our students, families, staff and community. We are following the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Contra Costa Health Services (CCHS). Our protocols will update throughout the summer, please check back regularly for the most up to date information.
All staff will be trained and protocols will be posted throughout the studio.
Protocols (as of 7/1/2020)
- All programs will run in a stable group with a max of 12-students/group.
- Each stable group will have their own entrance/exit, access to one consistent studio space and bathroom. Students will not move from one group or space to another.
- Each program will have an instructor and administrator.
- Instructor/administrator shall remain solely with one program and the same students for the duration of the entire program.
- Each program will have its own set of equipment and sanitation supplies that will not be shared.
- Spaces that are shared by another company/organization will be sanitized between uses.
- No handshakes, fist bumps, elbow bumps, or contact of any kind will be allowed.
- All students will be assigned a cubby for the duration of the program. Students will leave jazz shoes, water bottles, personal hand sanitizer and scripts in their cubby for the duration of the program. A digital script will be given for homework. All non-essential items should be left at home.
- A contact free drive-thru drop off and pick up will be required. Parents and family members will not be allowed in our facility.
- Staff & students will be required to wear a face shield/mask while indoors.
- Upon arrival students will be asked to remove shoes and leave them outside in a designated area.
- Every student and staff member's temperature will be taken daily with a non-contact infrared forehead digital thermometer before they enter the facility. Any temperature reading of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted and will be required to obtain a doctors note ensuring their health to return.
- Any student or staff member who is found to be sick during the program will be immediately isolated, sent home and communication will be sent to all participants.
- Students will have a designated and consistent snack/lunch location for the duration of the program. Snack/lunch areas will be sanitized before and after each use. Lunch boxes will be sanitized daily.
- Students will be required to wash hands upon arrival, before and after eating, after using the bathroom and before departure daily. We also recommend students bring an individual hand sanitizer to keep in their cubby.
- During class time, students will be given a “zone” taped out with 6 foot radius. Students will be required to stay in their zone during instruction time.
- At risk groups should not drop-off or pick-up students or participate in our programs this summer. At risk groups include persons who are older, pregnant or have underlying health conditions including those with a compromised immune system or respiratory conditions like severe asthma.
- Any student or staff member showing signs of illness will be sent home. No refunds will be given.
- Any student who does not listen and/or follow protocols and social distancing guidelines will be sent home. No refunds will be given.
- Parents will be required to sign an additional digital waiver stating they understand and will adhere to the above protocols and release Performing Academy, it’s owners and employees of all liability in regards to exposure to COVID-19. Parents will also be required to acknowledge and certify that everyone in their household is healthy and not experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19. Waivers must be completed prior to any student attending any of our programs.
FALL 2020 UPDATE
Priority: Health and safety of students, families and community.
Commitment: Bring singing, acting and dancing into your homes!
Goal: Provide technique training and connection with your students.
We hope to be in person soon, in the meantime, consider one of our fall 2020 virtual productions or classes.
We will continue to be a resource & support for your family.
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org